Maple Pumpkin Pie
There is no comparison of pie made with fresh pumpkin versus canned pumpkin. Make your Thanksgiving dinner extra special by roasting one of our pie pumpkins to make your pumpkin pie. This recipe also doesn’t call for any refined sugar, and is instead sweetened with maple syrup.
- Pastry for 9″ pie
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
To make pumpkin puree:
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Cut a pie (sugar) pumpkin in half and remove seeds. Place cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, until the flesh is soft when pricked with a fork. Allow to cool.
- Remove peel and place pumpkin flesh in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place pumpkin puree in colander set over a bowl and allow to drain for several hours to drain off excess liquid. Refrigerate in a covered container if making in advance.
To make pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9″ pie pan with pastry. Place the pie plate on a foil lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, until the center is set.
Allow to cool and then store in fridge. Serve topped with whipped cream.
Recipe courtesy of Now You’re Cooking