When the blueberries are in season, there is nothing better than fresh blueberry muffins, warm from the oven! These tasty muffins are made with the cake method (creaming the butter, sugar and eggs), resulting in a light fluffy muffin.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ – 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Soften butter to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter until fluffy, beat in the sugar and eggs. Add vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins which have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Now You’re Cooking